Finalists in the Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) Awards of Excellence have been announced.
APPMA Chairman Mark Dingley said, “We had a strong response to the awards, expanded to eight categories and reshaped this year around four main points: recognition, celebration, inclusivity and education. The number of submissions shows the value the industry places on this award program.”
Awards and finalists are:
Australian Machinery Manufacturing Award – SME: recognising Australian-based manufacturing, innovation and success of a product launched into the domestic and/or export market in the past three years. Finalists are:
- Automation Systems & Controls – Scan Tunnel
- INOX Australia – Turn-key Food Processing Systems
- Trimatt Systems – Trimatt Systems – CardLine 7000
- Sponsor: SMC
Australian Machinery Manufacturing Award – Corporate: recognising Australian-based manufacturing, innovation and success of a product launched into the domestic and/or export market in the past three years. Finalists are:
- Fibre King – ‘Little Packer’ Casepacker
- Foodmach Pty Ltd – Foodmach LMES (Line Manufacturing Execution System)
- Robotic Automation – Robotic Automation MOTOPAL Palletising Gripper
- Sponsor: SMC
Import & Distribution Machinery Award – SME: recognising innovation and success in equipment launched in Australia in the past three years. Finalists are:
- Packsize – The M1: Global Modular Architecture and Advanced Functionality
- Pacmatix Pty Ltd – GSP 50s Flow Wrapper
Import & Distribution Machinery Award – Corporate: recognising innovation and success in equipment launched in Australia in the past three years. Finalists are:
- Foodmach Pty Ltd – Mengibar MassFlow Filler-Capper
- Omni Group – VentX Unico Ventilated Pallet Wrapping Machine
- Rhima Australia – Rhima RPC washer and automation
Packaging Design Innovation Award: recognising design innovation and success as a result of a new idea or modification introduced into a packaging design. Finalists are:
- GS1 Australia – 2DBarcodes on packaging by GS1: Welcome to the new dimension
- Heat & Control – Ishida Inspira Series Snack Food Bagmaker
- Select Equip – PaperSeal™ Sustainable Packaging
Sustainability Award: focusing on environmental sustainability, such as recycling, food waste redistribution, environmentally friendly energy supply, and so on. This category incorporates sustainability projects recognising organisations showing leadership and commitment to environmentally sustainable business practices, through innovative solutions for new and existing market needs. Finalists are:
- Aerofloat – Aerofloat Wastewater Treatment Technology
- Detmold Group – Detpak RecycleMe™ Noodle Cup
- LACO Automation & Service – Circular Plastic Australia jvc – Recycling Plant
- Sponsor: Nord Drivesystems
Community Contribution Award: recognising organisations that demonstrate leadership and commitment to community wellbeing. This award recognises members’ industry-level contributions during the past two to three years. Finalists are:
- Foodmach Pty Ltd – Project Med-Con
- HMPS – HMPS’s long-standing partnership with Sight For All
- Matthews Australasia – iDSnet Cloud – Simple Compliance for Free
Emerging Leadership Award: this is foran individual who has been engaged in the Australian packaging and processing industry machinery industry for less than 10 years. This award recognises capability and leadership, whether in research, technical or business operations. Winners will have the opportunity of an ambassadorial role within the industry. Finalists are:
- Automation Systems and Control – Nick Kovess, Project Manager Engineer: Automation
- Automation Systems and Control – Rayen Emmanuel, Project Manager Engineer: Automation
- Fibre King – James Herrmann, Engineering Coordinator
- HMPS – Simon Czudek, Design Manager
- Rhima Australia – Saeed Mafi, Mechanical Engineer
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, 18 May. With tickets selling well, finalists and others are urged to ensure they secure a ticket. Ticket price includes food, drinks and entertainment, with one of Australia’s most versatile and much-loved entertainers, Tim Campbell, as MC.
Mr Dingley said, “As well as the announcement of award winners, the APPMA will also be revealing an exciting and historic surprise that the industry won’t want to miss.
“The Board and I would like to thank our sponsors, without whom we would not be able to put on an event of this calibre – a fantastic night of networking and celebrating innovation and our industry in general.
“The APPMA encourages everyone to spend some time looking at all the finalists’ entries on the AUSPACK show floor. These are some fantastic, industry-leading solutions.”
For more information and to book tickets, visit https://www.auspack.com.au/awards.
AUSPACK 2022 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 17-20 May 2022. Tickets to the exhibition are free; tickets to the AUSPACK 2022 Leaders’ Forum (18-19 May) are available through the AUSPACK website.
Please visit www.auspack.com.au for more information.