- Tritium’s new manufacturing facility will increase capacity seven fold
- Production capacity for 6,000 chargers per year
- High-tech manufacturing jobs to triple
Brisbane, Australia 4 October 2017: Tritium, the Australian technology company that is an international leader in the development and manufacture of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, has officially opened its Global HQ and major manufacturing facility in Brisbane, which will enable it to increase its capacity potential seven fold.
In a ceremony, attended by the Honourable Mark Bailey MP, Minister for Main Roads, Safety and Ports, Energy, Biofuels and Water Supply, Tritium announced the new facility will enable the company to produce 6,000 Veefil fast chargers for electric vehicles a year and will triple the number of high-tech manufacturing jobs.
Tritium’s CEO David Finn explained the new manufacturing plant was a learning line “This facility will allow us to fine tune our production process, and make sure we are hitting the high quality levels we want to achieve. However, in the future we will need to be manufacturing closer to our core markets and within five years we estimate Brisbane will be just a small output in our production capacity.
“Around 95% of our sales are export and we currently are seeing a lot of activity in public charging networks in Europe and the US.”
“The Veefil-RT 50kW fast charger, which was ten years in development, was only launched four years ago and has been an outstanding international success, with innovative new technology developed in house. It was the start of a range of fast chargers that is continuing to grow and we are preparing for three new products to be launched next year.”
The Veefil-RT is operational in 22 countries with an impressive customer base of international infrastructure providers, including ChargePoint, Stromnetz, Fortum Charge & Drive.
As well as the Global HQ in Brisbane, Tritium opened a sales and manufacturing facility in California US in Q1 2017 and will open a European sales office in Amsterdam in Q4 2017.
Why Tritium’s Veefil technology is the most technologically advanced in its class
The Veefil-RT has been recognised as the world’s most technologically-advanced fast charger for all EVs, supporting CHAdeMO & CCS/SAE-Combo standards.
- Liquid-cooled, functioning in -35° C to +50° C (-31° F to +122° F). This makes the Veefil-RT more robust than other chargers over a wide range of environmental conditions, including temperature, humidity and corrosive conditions – increasing reliability and reducing maintenance.
- Veefil-RT has the smallest footprint and is around half the weight of most other EV rapid chargers, increasing location options and reducing shipping and installation costs. It can fit neatly at the end of a standard parking bay within existing infrastructure.
- Durable plastic shell construction ensures long-term stability of the entire enclosure, leading to lower maintenance costs
- Attractive design convenient for branding or advertising, and easy to use – awarded 2014 Good Design Australia Award.